Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Easy way to create a version 7 Blank site

Vote:

Hi Everyone,

Just want to know if there is an VS extension or easy way to create blank episerver 7 website with webforms? I have only version 7.0 installed on my computer.
I believe the nuget package is only for 7.5. Please correct me if I am wrong.

However, I installed the episerver extension available from extension managernuget to my visual studio 2012. and it gives me error like
"The compositions remain unchanged. The changes were rejected because of the following error. The composition produced multiple composition errors, with 2 root causes. The root causes are provided below:-

1 No exports were found that match the constraint and.........."(It is a long error, i am only pasting here a bit of chunk to give an idea).

If anyone can suggest, what is the best way to create a blank solution.

Many thanks in advance,
Emma

Jan 16, 2015 13:05
Vote:

Hi Emma,

You can install a VS extension that will allow you to create a blank EPi webforms site - https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/4ad95160-e72f-4355-b53e-0994d2958d3e.

This extension is separate from the NuGet package manager tool.

Edited, Jan 16, 2015 20:20
Vote:

Also, for EPi 7, unlike for 7.5, you'll need to have deployment center installed on the local machine when creating the site from VS.

Jan 16, 2015 20:25
Vote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply Richly. I uninstalled the one which I got from Visual Studio "extensions & update" by simply clicking on uninstall.
I then run the Visual studio extension downloaded from the link you gave. As soon I try to create a new project, selecting Episerver - EpiserverWebsite, the next screen is the same error message which I posted earlier. Am I missing anything, any thoughts?

Thanks once again
Emma

Jan 19, 2015 13:27
Vote:

Hmm, that's strange. I haven't come across this error with the extension. I think the alternative is to just create a blank CMS 7 site from Deployment Center and then work with that setup.

Jan 20, 2015 20:55
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.