Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Search User/Groups dont display users without username

Vote:

Hi!

I have taken over a "old" EpiServer 7.5 site and have found a problem. I do not know if it is supposed to work that way in EPiServer or if I need to dig deeper to find the problem.

We have a subscription function which users can subscribe to without having a login to the site.
The subscription users is created with only the mail part.

When we search for the users mail in admin mode in "Search User/Group" it dont display the users that does not have a username/name.
Is it supposed to be that way or is it possible that there is an override that does not display the subscription users?

I thought that "Search User/Group" did display all the profiles in EPiServer, or is it just the profiles that have some kind of access permissions in edit or admin mode?

Oct 13, 2015 12:23
Vote:

Searching for users calls:

public override MembershipUserCollection FindUsersByName(string usernameToMatch, int pageIndex, int pageSize, out int totalRecords)

and

public override MembershipUserCollection FindUsersByEmail(string emailToMatch, int pageIndex, int pageSize, out int totalRecords).

You can always override a membership provider, call these base methods, then replace the results. You could also write your own search methods and exclude these users.

Oct 13, 2015 13:45
Vote:

Thank you! Now I found it, it didn't search for EPiServer Profiles at all.

Oct 13, 2015 15:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.