Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Performance issues in edit-mode

Vote:

Our client is having some issues with edit mode becoming very unresponsive and slow from time to time.

I am unable to reproduce this nor the EPiServer-support when I contacted them. Client is behind a virtualised Citrix-environment but facing the same issues when not using Citrix.

The server is not heavily loaded at all, and the site renders in ~500ms when not logged in. So, my question is, how do I go on to find what the bottleneck is? PerfMon and setting up Fiddler at the client computer?

Mar 17, 2015 12:12
Vote:

I would suggest NewRelic. It can allow you to trace all the way from the DB through to the javascript being executed in the browser so may allow you to trace the issue.

Occasionally I've heard that gadgets can slow edit mode down, paricularly when they rely on external services/APIs. So it may be worth trying removing all but the essential gadgets to see if that traces the problem.

Mar 31, 2015 22:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.