Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Search - Indexing job - Not indexing all pages

Vote:

Hi!

I have a customer where we use Episerver Search to search for content. I have used Find for a different customer I worked with before so please don't tell me to use that instead because the problem I have at the moment I have had both with Search and Find :)

Anyway, the problem is that the content can be indexed and searchable one day and then the next day it isn't. I have tried to reindex the pages by using the following job:

http://customerssite/EPiServer/CMS/Admin/IndexContent.aspx 

But all the pages that we want to be searchable does not get indexed at all. At the moment I'm having a bunch of pages that should be indexed but when I search for them I can only find 4. 

We are using version 7.

Have any of you had this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Jun 23, 2016 15:02
Vote:

Hi Isabel,

Have you tried using Find? :)

I would start by inspecting the search index using Luke: http://www.getopt.org/luke/luke-0.9.9/lukeall-0.9.9.jar

And do some logging to see when and why are documents deleted from the search index.

Perhaps you can create an initialization module, attach to IndexingService.DocumentAdding and IndexingService.DocumentRemoving events and do some logging.

If IndexingService is not available, install EPiServer.Search nuget package.

Hope this helps!

Jun 23, 2016 19:15
Vote:

Turn on logging in log4net and check if you get any errors when trying to index. The most probable cause is that indexing worked before but stopped working some time ago which means you will find old content but not new content. 

Jun 23, 2016 21:38
Vote:

Thank you guys!

I got in contact with support and they wanted me to clear the table tblIndexRequestLog from the database... "The table contains all the items which should be indexed. And since you've already indexed the site, that table should be empty. Since it's not empty I can imagine it tries and index things in there as well which probably isn't up to date and this causes the index to be faulty perhaps? I know other cases where clearing that table has helped".

So far so good, but since I am a pessimistic person I am just waiting for the customer to contact me again and letting me know they don't get any hits when searching :)

Aug 17, 2016 17:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.