Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPi Manager R2?

Vote:

Hi

I'm having strange problem. None of the EPi Managers is able to configure a R2 site.

Manager2.0.19.8 returns an error on the site tab regarding malformed URI

Manager2.0.19.10 doesn't recognize a R2 site at all.

Is there a manager that is working with R2?

Nov 27, 2008 9:30
Vote:

hi,

With EPiServer CMS R2 there is a new installation Manager that uses MSI packages, see the download for R2;

http://world.episerver.com/en/Download/Items/EPiServer-CMS/Version-5/EPiServer-CMS-5-R2/

Nov 27, 2008 9:40
Vote:

Yes for installation. The site is installed but im refering to the CMS manager.

Nov 27, 2008 10:12
Vote:

There is no CMS manager for R2 as before, everything is done with the "EPiServer Installation Manage".

If you want to configure your website, you change directly in web.config or in EPiServer Admin interface.

Nov 27, 2008 11:21
Vote:

In other terms, the new Installation manager let you install and upgrade EPiServer CMS, it can install the Public and Demo templates and also host custom PowerShell scripts (or so it is said, still missing any documentation in this area).

The configuration interface is removed for direct editing of the web.config.

Same goes for the services, configure using their application config files (these can be found in the services folder (in program files/EPiserver) and you can start and stop by using the standard windows service.

To install module packages similar to R1 it seems like you will need to build your own powershell scripts for this.

Again I would like to repeat my question if standard module deployment is something that EPiServer is looking at or if you are hoping that the community will pick this up?

Cheers
Henrik

Nov 27, 2008 11:39
Vote:

We have built a Module Installer project type for Visual Studio for packaging modules to integrate with the new EPiServer Installation Manager. This project type will produce a msi - installer for you module which will make the module appear in the "Install site wizard" just like the public and demo templates. It will also generate a PowerShell script for doing the most common operations needed in module installations like copying files and importing content. Since it is a PowerShell script that drives the installation you have much more freedom to customize your module installation.

We will release this project type to the web very soon. Stay tuned.

Nov 27, 2008 15:23
Vote:

Thanks for the information Fredrik, looking forward to it!
Nov 27, 2008 18:55
Vote:

I just posted the first version of this Visual Studio project type on my blog. Check it out!
Edited, Dec 02, 2008 1:43
Vote:

Jan 19, 2009 14:43
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.