Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Main Language change

Vote:

Hi,

Being in the UK I needed to change the langugae of my EPiServer (Relate+) site from US English to UK which I did by changing the globalization node in web.config to en-GB and by managing the languages in admin mode (added UK English, removed US and turned off globalization). With the exception of existing pages needing to be created this seems to work ok but...

I now have some errors with workflow and some label errors in Relate+ which seem to refer to the language xml files.

For Workflow I get errors like: [Missing text /Personalization/task/status for en-GB]

For Relate+ I get errors in the labels like: [Missing text /shell/cms/menu/cms for en-GB]

I'm certain that these are related to the XML files but I'm not sure how to resolve. Copying the Relate plus and workflow en xml and renaming en-GB doesn't make any difference, changing the ID value of the language node to en-GB in the xml file just causes more of these label errors.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Mark

Oct 08, 2010 11:02
Vote:

Hello Mark

The built in language files can be found at the following location for EPiServer 6:

C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\6.0.530.0\Application\lang

You need to look for each language file that's currently in in English, e.g. languageEN.xml and Lang_OnlineCenter_EN.xml and copy them to the \lang folder in your project renaming them to languageEN-GB.xml and Lang_OnlineCenter_EN-GB.xml and so on. You should end up with a list of files that looks as follows:

• languageEN-GB.xml
  • Lang_OnlineCenter_EN-GB.xml
  • tinyMCE.en-gb.lang.xml
  • workflowFoundation_EN-GB.xml
  • lang_EN-GB.xml
  • relatePlusEN-GB.xml

Then you need to edit each file and change the <language name="English" id="en"> node to say <language name="English" id="en-GB"> instead.

This should allow EPiServer to pick up the resources it needs for en-GB. This works fine on EPiServer 6 so shouldn't be any different for Relate+. Remember to iisreset to ensure everything is picked up.

Let me know how you get on...

Oct 12, 2010 13:00
Vote:

Hi David,

That worked a treat, I expected it to be something like that. Thanks for your input,

Mark

Oct 13, 2010 9:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.