Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrading from CMS 5.2.375.7 to CMS 6

Vote:

I am trying to upgrade EPiServer on a Windows Server 2003 R2 Standart Edition. Deployment center has no problem installing.

When i open Deployment Center and navigate to "Uppgrade site with SQL Server database" and press "Run" i takes about 3 seconds before the message

"Error - The term 'New-EPiCMSWizard' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again." and prosess fails.

When i run the command in Powershell, i get:

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Documents and Settings\keauadm> Get-PSSnapin -r

Name        : EPiServer.Install.CMS.6.0.530.0
PSVersion   : 1.0
Description : PowerShell snap-in for installing/unistalling EPiServer components

Name        : EPiServer.Install.Common.1
Description : PowerShell snap-in for installing/unistalling EPiServer components

Name        : EPiServer.Install.SnapIn.5.2.375.7

Name        : EPiServer.Upgrade.CMS5.6.0.530.0
Description : PowerShell snap-in for upgrading EPiServer components

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried to uninstall/install Deployment Center but no different outcome.

Am i missing something some snapins in  the powershell? if i do, how do i get the missing ones?

Hope someone can help me figure this out.

Nov 25, 2010 13:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.