Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic list based on DB-values

Vote:

Is there a way to make a Dynamic list property to be based on information that we currently have in a  customer database? What I'm trying to accomplish is displaying certain data from the customers database based on what the editor sets on the page and to elminate problems that editors fill in the wrong values I would like the Dynamic list data to be based on information from the database.

Example:

Table1: Persons | Columns: Id, Name

Table2: PersonInformation | Columns with different information.

What I want to accomplish i so that the Dynamic list data i based on values in Table1: Persons and then the page list the information for that person based on the id-value set in the Dynamic list.

Is there a solution for this?

Nov 16, 2010 14:30
Vote:

You can do that with a custom property and/or dynamic content. Let the user select the person/persons in a dropdown or checkboxlist and then perform whatever logic you need to render the corresponding list.

Nov 16, 2010 15:22
Vote:

You could use page providers to pull the information into the EPiServer page tree. Editors can then select a page that represents the customer and use the information in the page provider page to display. Obviously depending on the number of customers you will need to structure the tree appropriately. 

http://world.episerver.com/Articles/Items/Introducing-Page-Providers/

Nov 16, 2010 21:48
Vote:

My basic thought was to create a custom property. Though I was hoping that there could be a simpler way, perhaps by using attributes on a class that just returned a collection with (string, string) items to be used the same way as you would set in the config.

Nov 17, 2010 11:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.