Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

init episerver tinymce plugins

Vote:

hi guys

i was just wondering if there's a possibility to initialize the episerver tinymce plugins like the regular tinymce plugins . Are there some documentation for those plugins comparable to the moxicode ones?

thx for you hints.

BR/x

Nov 17, 2010 18:03
Vote:

Hi Xuan!

I'm not sure exacly what you mean with initialization but the answer is probably no. There are no settings that can be altered from the outside for the plug-ins at the moment (at least as I'm aware of). Could you provide a link to the tinymce documentation about plug-in initialization just so I can verify that I don't misunderstand you?

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Nov 18, 2010 7:27
Vote:

Hi Linus

Thx for your answer.

See http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Plugins/table as an example for the table plugin.
In EPiServer you can use the JSON-String to initialize the table plugin.

EditorInitConfigurationOptions = @"{
        object_resizing : false,
        theme_advanced_styles : 'Bild links=imageLeft;Bild rechts=imageRight',
        theme_advanced_blockformats : 'Absatz=p;Zwischentitel 1=h2;Zwischentitel 2=h3',
        table_styles : 'Tabellentitel=tableHeader;Tabelle mit Rand=tableBoarder;Tabelle ohne Rand=tableNoBoarder'
      }"

So i was hoping, there could be something like that for the EPiServer TinyMCE Plugins.

Best Regards
xuan

Nov 19, 2010 11:40
Vote:

Hi again!

Some of the plug-ins register configuration options, and they will initialize them with a proper value. The intention of this was to be able to pass server side variables to the client. For instance, the dynamic content plug-in passes a list of plug-ins that should be available when a dynamic content is selected with the init-option "epidynamiccontent_enabledcontrols". You can also specify init-options by defining those in your server side plug-in with the EditorInitConfigurationOptions attribute:

[TinyMCEPluginButton(LanguagePath = "/admin/tinymce/plugins/epipersonalizedcontent/personalizedcontent", GroupName = "media", ButtonSortIndex = 0, ButtonName = "epipersonalizedcontent", PlugInName = "epipersonalizedcontent", IconClass = "mce_epipersonalizedcontent", EditorInitConfigurationOptions = "{epipersonalizedcontent_enabledcontrols: 'epipersonalizedcontent, code, undo, redo, cut, copy, fullscreen'}")]

This option makes it possible to specify configuration options for the tinymce core and tiny plug-ins but I don't see a case where you would alter the episerver plug-ins. Do you have a specific case that you want to solve?

/Linus

Nov 19, 2010 12:37
Vote:

Hi Linus

Thank you for your answer. We tried to customize the epilink plugin by adding some default targets and maybe classes for file types.
But for the first goal, we need to adapt a dropdown list which seems to be located some code behind. The second goal we also failed to achieve. But we added a small javascript line to the tinymce plugin epifilemanagerdragdrop - and now the code recognizes the file type and adds a specified css tag while dropping the file into the editor.

Nov 23, 2010 11:32
Vote:

Ok, we do not have any public available options for the plug-in or dialog but I'm glad to hear that you could at least solve one of the requirements.

Nov 24, 2010 8:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.