Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multilingual implementation with a custom PageProvider

Vote:

Hi,

I tried to look everywhere but I cannot find information about multilingual implementation within a pageprovider. One of the problem I have is that i'm always getting a "Creating Page in a New Language" as soon as I switch to the secondary language even tought I have a page published in this secondary language. When this occur I only see the Edit tab (missing the version and all the other tabs) on the screen.

I overrided GetLanguageBranches and I return both languages PageData in the PageDataCollection.

Do I need to pay attention to anything else? What do we need to override, support or return from overrided methods to be able to support multilangual properly with a custom PageProvider?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 07, 2010 21:28
Vote:

Hi Stephane, I have the same problem - "Creating Page in a New Language" page instead of existing language page versions. It's very strange... Problem is for any page of my site. "Language overview" shows that page has been created and published for all languages. I have checked pages in the database (tblPage, tblPageLanguage, tblWorkPage tables) more than twice - everything is OK. But something wrong in the edit UI.

Did you find the reason of the problem? Did you resolve som how that trouble?

Jan 30, 2011 18:57
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.