Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add item to the Format dropdown list.

Vote:

Hello, I hope someone can help me.

I would like to add an item to the Format dropdown list, Blockquote. I dont want to put it in the Styles dropdown, because I don't want it to be a class. I just want to put the style on the element.

How do I add this? I have added the style in tinymce css and followed the h1-h6, but I cannot get it to show up in the dropdownlist!!?!
I have found that you can control this by adding this row:
theme_advanced_blockformats : "p,div,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,blockquote,dt,dd,code,samp"

But I don't really understand where to put this? In which file and so on.

Hope for a quick answer!

Best regards,

Jenny

Jun 14, 2010 14:57
Vote:

Hi Jenny,
You should be able to accomplish this by adding your own plug-in overriding the default theme_advanced_blockformats in the EditorInitConfigurationOptions of that plug-in. You can read more about it in the documentation or in this blog.

But I wouldn't recommend it since I suspect you want to use the blockquote element for indention rather than what the element is actually aimed for. In a default EPiServer CMS6 there is a quote button which lets you create both q and blockquote elements as well as set the cite attribute (which is implied).
/Happy coding
Henrik

Jun 15, 2010 8:08
Vote:

Thank you, just what I was looking for.

Jun 15, 2010 15:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.