Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS 6 database deployment

Vote:

I'm trying to deploy copies of the cms 6 database to local sql server instances on developers' machines. I've created a SQL Server 2008 database project in VS 2010 and imported the database schema. However, when I deploy this project I get a long listof warning about staored procedures that are referencing tables that do not exist. Several of examples are shown below:

Warning    64    SQL04151: Procedure: [dbo].[netUserSave] has an unresolved reference to object [dbo].[tblSID].[ValidTo].    C:\Development\Managed\Bauer.Parkers\Branches\Freda-Epi6\Src\Bauer.Parkers.Database.Cms.EPiServer6\Schema Objects\Schemas\dbo\Programmability\Stored Procedures\netUserSave.proc.sql    27    35    Bauer.Parkers.Database.Cms.EPiServer6

Warning    76    SQL04151: Procedure: [dbo].[netUserRemoveGroups] has an unresolved reference to object [dbo].[tblSIDGroup].[fkSID].    C:\Development\Managed\Bauer.Parkers\Branches\Freda-Epi6\Src\Bauer.Parkers.Database.Cms.EPiServer6\Schema Objects\Schemas\dbo\Programmability\Stored Procedures\netUserRemoveGroups.proc.sql    7    32    Bauer.Parkers.Database.Cms.EPiServer6

Warning    80    SQL04151: Procedure: [dbo].[netUserLoadGroups] has an unresolved reference to object [dbo].[tblUser].    C:\Development\Managed\Bauer.Parkers\Branches\Freda-Epi6\Src\Bauer.Parkers.Database.Cms.EPiServer6\Schema Objects\Schemas\dbo\Programmability\Stored Procedures\netUserLoadGroups.proc.sql    19    12    Bauer.Parkers.Database.Cms.EPiServer6

Is it safe to remove the offending stored procedures? It's difficult to know whether they are redudant or are still referenced in one of the EPiServer dlls with any exceptions being swallowed.

If it's not safe, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do what I am trying to do without generating a load of errors?

Thanks

Jan 19, 2011 9:45
Vote:

Is there a specific reason why you can't use Deployment center to create new EPiServer databases on the machines, use the same database for all dev machines or simply restore a database backup?

I have created databases using scripts once (using the scripts used by deployment center if i remember correctly, possibly slightly modified) and I ran into problems with references. However in that case the sprocs were still created and worked, it was as if things just happened i the wrong order, but were resolved once the script completed. I can't say if it were the same warnings you receive, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Jan 19, 2011 12:56
Vote:

We decided to go with a shared dev database in the end as attempting to deploy it through our msbuild scripts proved to be too painful!

Jan 21, 2011 17:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.