Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Moving a site from "Development Environment" into Live

Vote:

Good Afternoon EPiServer World,

We have been developing a site within Visual Studio 2008, and want to move it from this development environment into the live environment within IIS that the deployment centre creates on install, so that the site will run when typing the web address into a browser, not just the localhost.

Is there any step by step guide on how to do this?

Apologies the question is a little vague, but any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Marc.

Nov 11, 2011 15:02
Vote:

I usually install EPiServer CMS (and other products your site uses) and then I install a bare CMS site using Deployment center on the server to get the right settings for the IIS site. 

After I got a CMS site up and running I do a publish of the project and copy those files over to the server (to the newly created CMS site). I then do a backup of the database and restore that on the production database server and modify the connectionstrings.

Edited, Nov 11, 2011 15:23
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.