Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Setting Up a New EPiServer Site with Visual Studio

Vote:

I am new to this and I'm following the guide " Setting Up a New EPiServer Site with Visual Studio"  - "Viewing the results"   http://sdk.episerver.com/library/cms6/Developers%20Guide/Setting%20Up%20a%20New%20EPiServer%20Site%20with%20Visual%20Studio.htm#view_result     Everything was successful up to Logging in, the paper suggests to login by 'site address followed by "/util/login.aspx" '. The map util and therefore login.aspx was not created for me when I created an Episerver Visual Studio Project and therefore I can't login from that page. Am I missing something here? What is the best practice to get the login package as well. (  When I'm creating an Episerver standard site by deployment center and then connect to that site by Visual Studio then ofcourse the Login.aspx is there )

Nov 29, 2011 8:46
Vote:

The Page /util/login.aspx is fetched via the VirtualPathProvider. The actual file login.aspx is placed by the EPiServer installation on your computer in C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Application\Util

Probably you have some problem with the Virtual Path Provider, which should work by default. Please read: http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-60/Virtual-Path-Providers/

Nov 29, 2011 11:22
Vote:

Thanks for the fast reply. It worked out according to the manual after some more tries so I never had to go to the
 Virtual Path Provider.

Nov 30, 2011 8:57
Vote:

Having had many issues wit hthe initial set up of an empty, vanilla EPiServer site, I can say that the most useful resource bar none is to install another site, but also install all the AlloyTech Example site as well.

By using this site as reference you can get a really good handle on some of the less well documented configuration options. You can even try stripping an AlloyTech example down to nothing to get a good starting point. And the best bit is if you install AlloyTech it also installs a csproj file so you can open the AlloyTech site in VS/VWD and see the prject structure :)

Dec 07, 2011 17:03
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.