Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding a working html page with js and swf

Vote:

Hi,

I have a working html page with javascript/swf. Basically this is just like a magazine flipper. I add photos in the directory then it will create that effect on the fly when the html page is browsed.

Now, my question is, how would I add it on an EPiServer site. If it's just an ASP.Net site, I'll just drag all the folders/files of the magazine flipper into the site and I could access it with no problem.

But I do not know how to do it in EPiServer. My skill level with EpiServer is 1/10. I've created a test page in EPiServer, copied the contents of my index.html on it. But I'm not sure where I would put exactly all the folders/files that comes along with it. Because I don't think the test page I created would produce a physical file right?

Files I would like to add would include, css, images, js and the swf file.

Looking forward to any help I could get.

Thanks!

Mar 24, 2011 6:23
Vote:

You can either do this completely with ASP.NET (create a web forms page - .aspx, copy/paste your code and and make sure to update your paths). With EPiServer this is a bit different, you need to register the .aspx as a page type in admin mode (see the manuel for details), then in edit mode you can create a new page based on this page type.

Hope this helps.

Frederik

Mar 28, 2011 22:31
Vote:

Hehe. Though it doesn't make a lot of sense right now for me. I'm sure it will as I ramp up my learning with EpiServer.

Thanks Frederik!

Cheers,

Jan

Mar 29, 2011 8:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.