Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding german language to CMS blog

Vote:

Hi

I have implemented the blog found in the demo project on a website and it's working fine for english and swedish. Now i need to add support for the german version of the site, how do i add support for the german version?

I have to make a copy of the demo_EN.xml, edit it for german and name it demo_DE-DE.xml, but how do i register that the german site should read from this file?

This is what i get instead of the translated text:

[No translation for /blog/secondarylist/aboutme, de-DE]

Mar 22, 2011 10:45
Vote:

Have you perhaps forgotten to change the language attribute in the file itself? It is actually that rather than the file name which sets what language it's valid for.

Mar 22, 2011 11:02
Vote:

No, i changed that to <language name="deutsch (deutschland)" id="de-de">

Mar 22, 2011 11:08
Vote:

Does it work if you skip the culture and use just <language name="Deutsh" id="de"> ?

Mar 22, 2011 11:10
Vote:

Ha, must have been some sort of cache related problem.

I had to restart my browser for a different reason and when i opened the page again it worked.

Sorry to have bothered you =)

And thanks for the fast replies!

Mar 22, 2011 11:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.