I have somehow managed to disable the context menu (both inside and outside the edit GUI) on all pages on a site I am currently developing. The site tree in the left frame also doesn't update as I click through the site in the right frame.
It has actually never worked for this site, which makes me think I made a mistake when first setting it up. Everything works as expected on the project I worked on prior to this project, so I know EPiServer is installed the propert way on my computer. It is also the same om my colleagues working on this project, so I'm pretty sure that it must be a configuration thing, either in any of the *.config files, or in the database.
All ASPX classes inherit from EPiServer.TemplatePage.
I have no idea where to start looking for the reason for this. Any hints?
Two things to check:
1. The VPP paths of the util files etc in web.config/episerver.config. If your episerver installation path differs from the other team members you need change the config to match your computer (it's common for example if one syste is 64-bit and has episerver files in Program Files (x86) while another is 32-bit and has them in Program Files.
2. Security of the util files etc on the web.config <location> level. This could be preventing your browser from getting the scripts from the server. BTW, use a developer toolbar and/or fiddler to see if there are any errors loading resources.
The paths for everything is correct (I have compared the paths in web.config and EPiServer.config from this project with the old project which worked, and they are all the same).
I have also checked the rendered results of the pages, and there are no code at all trying to fetch anything from /util/* or /episerver/* (which is where I have configured the UI to reside). It appears as though the scripts and whatever else is needed are never registered, which is what I find strange.
Strange... The context menu suddenly stopped working in my project too this morning. The first time I right-clicked I saw a flash of it, but now it's completely disappeared. I have the script references however, and the context menu loading function is attached using the EPi.AddEventListener method, but it is never called.