Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Editor plugin - right hand pane

Vote:

I am looking to create a plugin to appear on the right-hand (main) pane in edit mode.  This is replace the page with Preview | Edit | etc tabs rather than adding another tab.  This 'page' would driven from a links in a plug-in tab in the left-hand pane.  The overall objective is to provide a user, with only edit rights, with a custom set of functionality normally available in admin mode, e.g. user management.

Is this possible? If so, any guidance or pointers to existing articles would be much appreciated.

Alternatively, is there a way that the functions available in admin mode be drastically (virtually all) reduced - either removed or hidden - for specific user roles?  That may help me to achieve the same goal.

Mar 04, 2011 16:21
Vote:

A plugin for PluginArea.EditTree will add a tab above the page tree. In that tab (which will be your user control) you can have your links and you can load any url in the right pane. The page you load there should have some javascript, otherwise the edit interface will "break" so you can't continue navigating correctly, see http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=46836&epslanguage=en

Then I don't know how much of the admin functionality that can easily be exposed this way. You can try to open up parts of the web.config admin location to the editors, but you might want to create your own limited versions. Have you considered building gadgets for online center for these tasks?

Mar 07, 2011 11:56
Vote:

Many thanks Magnus.  The linked pages have helped and I achieved what I am trying to do.

Mar 08, 2011 10:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.