Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with editmenuname

Vote:

Hi!

We are using epi server 6. We have pointed to a css file to use for the editor. None of the selectors, ids or classes in the css file have an "EditMenuName".

My first quiestion: In the editor there are alot of styles, in two menus, in swedish "Format" and "Stilar", where do they come from? And how do I get rid of them? Its fine to have a menu for styles but I want it to be empty and I want to add my styles.

Second question: When I make a class in the css file, .test, and add EditMenuName:testformat, the name test apears in the editor under "stilar", shouldnt the name testformat apear since that was the value I gave EditMenuName for that class?

Third question: how can I select in which list, "Format" or "Stilar", my style will apear?

Thank you very much in advance.

Mar 01, 2011 15:44
Vote:

Hej Henrik!

It pretty much differs depending on the editor you are using in EPiServer CMS 6. The EPiServer CMS 5 editor uses the "fake" EditMenuName attrubute to filter which styles should be used and also to use that name instead of the name of the style. In tiny mce, all styles that are included in the style sheet(s) will be included in the editor with the name of the style presented to the editor.

In EPiServer CMS 6 R2 we have greatly improved the style selection for tiny mce so that is works pretty much the same as the EPiServer CMS 5 editor. That is, you can use EditMenuName to filter which styles should be selectable for an editor and that is also the name that is being used. We have also added the posibility to point out a translation path in the EditMenuName attribute so that you can get the styles presented in the editors current user interface language. I even think we added a new attribute in order to be able to group styles though I'm not 100% sure of the last.

One good thing that comes with this is that is should be possible to upgrade a CMS 4/5 site to CMS 6 R2 without changing the editor style sheet(s).

Mar 02, 2011 6:53
Vote:

Thank you for your reply.

Where do the default styles come? They are named "Stycke", "Rubrik 1-6", in the linked stylesheet for the editor there are no classes named that way. There arnt even selectors for h4-h6, only h1-h3.

There is also the problem with two menus in epi for styles: "Format" and "stilar".

I want one menu. And I want to schose what styles should apear in that menu. And I want to name the styles. Can you please tell me how to solve it?

I dont know which version av the editor I have but I guess tiny mce since it behaves (sort of) the way you describe.

Mar 02, 2011 8:58
Vote:

Hi!

Forgot to mention that thats another difference betwen CMS 6 and CMS 6 R2. In CMS 6 you got two drop downs: one for elements and one for styles. The styles drop down is populated by the specified style sheets but the element list is populated by configuration in tinymce. In CMS 6 R2 these two drop downs are merged into on, pretty much as it works in the EPiServer CMS 5 editor and both styles and elements are populated by the specified style sheets. Sounds to me that you really want to upgrade to EPiServer CMS 6 R2 when that's released or possible use the EPiServer CMS 5 editor if that's not an option.

Regards
Linus Ekström

Mar 02, 2011 9:14
Vote:

Hi!

We have succeded in gotten rid of the meny "format". Now we have one meny "stilar". Now I want my h1-h3, p and some classes to apear in the meny "stilar", how can I accomplish that? I want to use selectors h1-h3 and p, but I want them to apear in the menu with a name that I assign. And I want to get rid of some of the styles that currently are in the list "stilar".

Thank you

Edited, Mar 02, 2011 11:32
Vote:

Well the current situation is that we have CMS 6 (and not R2). Can someone please be so kind and explain to me how I can configure Epi so our editors can use styles?

- I want to schose which styles should appear in a menu.

- I want to name them.

Cant it be done?

Mar 02, 2011 14:25
Vote:

Hi again!

The tinymce version that EPiServer CMS 6 uses does not support mixing styles and elements (at least as far as I'm aware of) so if you really need this now I'd say go with the EPiServer CMS 5 editor fow now unless you have a lot of development time to spend and want to get into building tiny mce plug-ins.

/Linus

Mar 02, 2011 15:04
Vote:

So, let me get this strait. And please, Iam really thankfull for your help.

I point to a css file under system settings. The selectors and classes that is included in that css file will pop up in one of the two menus format or stilar? The editor decides what to name them in the menu. Thats it? Have I understood it correctly?

Mar 02, 2011 15:10
Vote:

Yes, pretty much. The editor uses the name of the style as the name that is used in the dropdown. And if want to change the options in the element selection you need to create a plug-in that sets configuration options for tiny. I'm seen a couple of forum/blog posts on how to accoplish this.

Mar 02, 2011 15:12
Vote:

Ok last quiestion I guess. In the css file we have h1-h3, why does (in swedish) Rubrik 1 - Rubrik 6 apear in the menu? Where does Rubrik 4-6 come from, we havent got h4-h6 in the css file.

Mar 02, 2011 15:23
Vote:

Check this blog post:

http://krompaco.nu/alter-default-initoptions-for-tinymce-in-episerver-6/

I guess that it's the theme_advanced_blockformats : ""h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,p" that you want to tweak.

Mar 03, 2011 7:56
Vote:

Thank you.

Mar 04, 2011 15:22
Vote:

Mar 11, 2011 19:40
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.