Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Select multiple files in filemanager & drag drop multiple files inside CMS?

Vote:

Hi!

Running EPiServer CMS 6 and activated the ActiveX component that allows me to upload multiple files into the filemanager. So far, so good.

But is there a chance that I can select multiple files in the filemanager so that I can drag the selected files into a widget, all files in one move?
Now I can select multiple files in the filemanager by pressing the CTRL button and click on each file I want to select. That is not a very good feature. I want to press the SHIFT button and select all files in a range, just like in Windows Explorer. Is there a way to do this?

And also... when I have selected my files, can I in any way drag and drop them to the widget?

An example:
I am creating an image gallery with the (customized?) image gallery widget in our CMS. I upload 40 images to the filemanager. Now I want to select all the 40 images without being forced to click 40 times on each and every image file. When all are selected I want to drag them to the widget (where I today drag files one by one) and drop them there.

Any solution for this to work?

Aug 26, 2011 17:31
Vote:

Take a look at the code for EPiImage, I know it has drag and drop functionality for the Image Gallery.

Hope this helps.

Frederik

Aug 26, 2011 17:49
Vote:

Thanks Frederik!

Will have a look at EPiImage... looks exactly what I am looking for.

Aug 27, 2011 14:17
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.