Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Limit access to language branch

Vote:

Hi,

A client wishes to enable a new language on their website, but doesn't want anonymous users to be able to see these translated pages until they are done working with them.

Is there a simple way to achieve this with access rights in edit/admin mode? I tried looking through documentation for this, and changes some settings on the languages and access rights in the page structure.

Sep 01, 2011 11:10
Vote:

Hi Thore,

What version of EPiServer are you using?

If one of the newer then you should be able to go to admin mode -> Config tab -> Manage Website Languages -> %TheNewLanguage% and here set what users/groups should be able to access that language.

/Petter

Sep 01, 2011 12:26
Vote:

Can't you just tell the users to hit "Save and View" until they are happy? Once they are happy they can publish the pages.

Sep 01, 2011 16:41
Vote:

Hi Petter

I think permission on languages (in CMS 6 via language permission as you described above) only control which languages should be available for different editors groups/users for translations while in episerver edit mode . It doesn't control the public access for anonymous user.  ?

I recently had to achieve similar functionality and done in a slightly different way.

Muhammad

Sep 01, 2011 22:57
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.