Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic Content items error on editing with non ASCII chars

Vote:

Hi. I have an issue with Dynamic Content items in EpiServer 6.0.530.0.

I am only able to add content into a Dynamic Content fields that are in alpha-numeric ASCII chars. Any non-ASCII alpha 'special' character such as 'É' entered as content will cause an error (The user control "NAME" could not be loaded.) when trying to edit the Dynamic content items content once created. This affects Any Dynamic content property of type "PropertyString".

It is possible to work around this issue by recreating the content each time in the TinyMCE editor and never editing. Creation works, editing causes the error. This work around is obviously far from ideal. I have tried encoding, or even removing these characters in the Dynamic content items code when getting or setting the 'State' property and when getting the PropertyDataCollection. Neither seems to have an effect.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Danny

Jan 31, 2014 11:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.