Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Restricting access to EPiServer edit / admin suite

Vote:

Hi,

I'm looking to restrict access by IP address to the EPiServer edit / admin suite. We have a load balanced environment with 4 front end web servers. I've seen quite a few posts on this subject but everything we've tried doesn't seem to work. Is there a definitive way of restricting access to all EPiServer tools including /secure/, /utils/ etc

Cheers

Tim

Aug 31, 2011 12:07
Vote:

Hi Tim,

What we have done for a few clients (and I know it is a common way to solve this) is to have one publishing server and 3 public servers. On the publishing server you restrict all traffic so only editors from your IP range can access the server. On the public server you remove the edit capabilities (just remove the roles from the web.config or you can also delete login.aspx, util files etc.). And if you want to make it a little more secure you can also stick a firewall between the publishing and public servers, just remember to test cache invalidation.

-Alexander Haneng
Making Waves 

Aug 31, 2011 12:30
Vote:

We have solved it with help of our hardware loadbalancer (we had Netscaler before and now we use Cisco Ace) there we put access rules where /ui/edit/* and /ui/admin/* are prohibited from "external IP" adresses.

Sep 01, 2011 9:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.