Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiple attachments for forum topics

Vote:

Hi All

We have EPiServer CMS 6 R2 along with EPiServer Commuity and Relate Plus. Also we have built an ASP.NET web site with a forum on top of it (the forum is using the community and relate APIs). There is a request that each forum topic and its replies have multiple file attachments (documents, images and videos).  Since I am new to EpiServer, can someone please let me know how can I implement this? 

In my newtopic.aspx file I have some text boxes only that receives the subject, body and other details then creates an instance of ForumTopic entity and inserts it into the database. 

Thanks a lot

Aref

Mar 14, 2012 0:33
Vote:

As Topic/Message does not support attached, one of the options could be to use custom attributes for Topic entity to link uploaded images to the forum topic. Then you need to manage image galleries for particular forum yourself (creating gallery, uploading images, creating thumbnails, etc).

Some intro to relief work with custom attributes could be found here - http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Valdis-Iljuconoks/Dates/2012/2/Synchronize-Relate-entitys-attributes-in-a-strongly-typed-way/.

It's not supporting List<T> attributes for now, but could be easily added if really required.

Mar 19, 2012 15:45
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.