Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Pageprovider and performance

Vote:

Hello!

Is there a performance loss when using a lot of pageproviders for one site?

I guess that the answer is hidden in how pages are mapped to provider so..... When a request arrives to the site how is current request url mapped to correct provider, is there a pageprovider manager that iterates over all providers and "asks are you owner for this page" or how does it work?

Thanks for clarifying this for me!

Jan 24, 2013 18:59
Vote:

If you have a look at a PageReference from a page served from a Pageprovider you'll see that the name of the provider is included.

If you disable the url rewriter urls would look something like /Templates/Page.aspx?id=12345__pageprovidername&epslanguage=sv, also called mapped url.

So I guess the look-up isn't that slow and the rewriter also cache all rewritten urls.

Jan 24, 2013 19:18
Vote:

... And that's why you shouldn't pass the ID from a PageReference to e.g. a querystring parameter;

<a href="MyPage.aspx?loadPage=<%= CurrentPage.PageLink.ID %>">Test</a>

And then parse it as an integer in MyPage.aspx. You should do:

<a href="MyPage.aspx?loadPage=<%= CurrentPage.PageLink.ToString() %>">Test</a>

And parse the PageReference with PageReference.Parse(Request["loadPage"]). Otherwise the provider name will be lost.

Jan 24, 2013 19:24
Vote:

Thank you very much !

Jan 24, 2013 20:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.