Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CurrentPage ID

Vote:

Hi, I have an issue, for geting the current page folder property id but for the page who is only in edit mode. 

Id I get that way: CurrentPage.Property["PageFolderID"].Value

I want to get :

if(CurrentPage.Property["PageFolderID"].Value is in edit mode){

CurrentPage.Property["PageFolderIDForThePageInEditMode"].Value

//do something

}

Best Regards!

Oct 15, 2013 13:58
Vote:

Fredrik Haglund has a quite good article about Page Folders in his blog http://blog.fredrikhaglund.se/blog/2008/09/05/page-folders-and-uploading-of-files-in-episerver/

I think It's written for an earlier version of EPiServer but I think you can get the basics in the article and the comments.

Oct 15, 2013 14:16
Vote:

That is nice article yes,  I can get folder id, but not that is the issue, I want get id for the page who I editing now, if I'm open 2 pages from one type and one in edit mode from the same type I want to get just folder id of page who I editing now

Oct 15, 2013 14:25
Vote:

I don't really understand what you mean with "type" and "editing now".

Where are you trying to use this? On a Template or in some kind of plugin?

Oct 15, 2013 14:28
Vote:

maybe I can't explain very well I'm sorry,
Here the example:
I have archive pages with uploaded pdf files, must to get only pdf files who are in edit mode, to do something with them.

string[] pdfFiles = GetFileNames(paths + folderId.ToString(), "*.pdf"); // I create array with all files, paths - PageFiles folder in VPP and folderId - Page folder id, I has made paths in VPP programmatically and put files there.

and then I loop through the all files like this:

for (int i = 0; i < pdfFiles.Length; i++ )
{

string fullpath = paths + CurrentPage.Property["PageFolderID"].Value + "\\" + pdfFiles[i];

}

and I must build variable fullpath who is for page in edit mode only, I try to get it like this:

for (int i = 0; i < pdfFiles.Length; i++ )
{
   if (IsInEditMode() == true) 
   {
      fullpath = paths + CurrentPage.Property["PageFolderID"].Value + "\\" + pdfFiles[i];
   }
  else
  {
      return;
   }
}

IsInEditMode() is method who check if I'm in edit mode but that code get the pages in view and edit mode, and I don't want that

Oct 15, 2013 14:42
Vote:

Could you explain what GetFileNames do? Since that seems to be the method that brings you all the files?

Could you also show what the IsInEditMode() looks like? There are some ways to find out whether You are in edit mode and I guess that your implementation does not look at your pdf files so either it will return TRUE or FALSE on each iteration of pdfFiles.Length.

Oct 15, 2013 15:25
Vote:

GetFileNames method get all files

private static string[] GetFileNames(string path, string filter)
{
  string[] files = Directory.GetFiles(path, filter);
  for (int i = 0; i < files.Length; i++)
  files[i] = Path.GetFileName(files[i]);

return files;
}

and IsInEditMode is very simple bool method for check if I'm in edit mode

public bool IsInEditMode()
{
   bool isInEditMode = false;

if (HttpContext.Current.Request.UrlReferrer != null)
   {
       isInEditMode = Regex.IsMatch(HttpContext.Current.Request.UrlReferrer.AbsoluteUri, "/admin/|/edit/", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
   }

return isInEditMode;
}

Oct 15, 2013 15:31
Vote:

Ok, I think it's better that you find the page you are looking at in edit mode, and use this from Fredrik's blog

HostingEnvironment.VirtualPathProvider.GetDirectory(virtualPathFromFolderId) as UnifiedDirectory;

Here you should be able to find all Files and be able to filter out files with a filename that ends with .pdf

Oct 15, 2013 16:37
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.