Hi, Now I am setting up a developing environment on my machine. I have installed Episerver and restored a database from my customer. I have set up the connectionstrings. When I then try to run the solution, I get the following error:
In another episerver solution I have, this stored procedure is found. Is this a Episerver stored procedure? How can I get this to work in my customers solution?
It looks like an EPiServer stored procedure. I'd copy it over manually via SQL Server Management studio. There is also one called sp_DatabaseVersion. I'd copy that one as well if it hasn't come over. They are owned by the dbo user so they will need the relevant permissions set too.
sp_FxDatabaseVersion is a stored procedure used by EPiServer.Data (DDS). Could it be that the customer have separated DDS and CMS to different databases?
Thank you so much for your answer. I copied it over and it worked :)
I just realized that this problem happens when I restore the database from somewhere else, but then in the Options page of "Restore Database" window under "Restore the database files" I forget to set the file paths to the target database's mdf and ldf files. So for other people who get this problem: check that you set the correct target mdf and ldf file paths! :)
I just ran into the error myself when I was going to do an upgrade from CMS 6 to 7 CMS. I got a fresh backup from the customer, and after restoring and starting up the site, I got this error. As it turned out, I'd been handed an EPiServer 5(!) database, from an upgrade I did a year ealier. The old database had not been removed from the db server, and the customer had picked the wrong one ;-)