Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem publishing page in IE (load balanced enviroment, behind proxy)

Vote:

Hi,

Im having really strange problem and had it for a while.. 

When creating a new page and waiting for more than 60+ second and then hitting the publish button nothing happends.. i just getting a clear page again.. with nothing in it.. if im fast and publish it again then it gets published.. 

Also this problem is only when creating new pages, saving existing is fine.. 

Anyone have any idea why?? :S.. 

Is it some proxy setting? or some config setting that is not correct? 

I can´t reproduse this locally.. only in load balanced production behind a proxy... 

Regards
Pawel

Mar 12, 2014 17:25
Vote:

Haven't seen this exact problem, but proxy servers can be a problem. Is there any way you can edit in your load balanced environment without hitting the proxy?

Can you see more if you use Fiddler? Try adding the servername as a http header, to see if you're moving between servers at the time? Is the cache invalidation WCF config in place and working? Are the machine keys identical?

Mar 12, 2014 18:52
Vote:

have to ask about it but im pretty sure it is the proxy.. when connectiong to the servers bypassing the proxy i couldn´t replicate the problem.. the users can´t bypass it so that is not an option for them.. 

Also i tried to dosconnect one of the servers and the problem is still there so it´s not the configs i guess.. 

I did try to add http header to see which server im on but it was right.. also the machine keys were identical.. 

when this happends fiddler only shows "POST /EPiServer/CMS/edit/EditPanel.aspx?parent=1836&type=19&mode= HTTP/1.1" and nothing more.. 

im kind of out of hope and ideas :S... 

Mar 12, 2014 21:09
Vote:

Hm, I guess your best guess is to make a Fiddler recording of what is supposed to happen (when you bypass the proxy) and then one where it fails, and show it to whomever is responsible for the proxy setup. Something seems out of place.

One odd thing is the fact that this only happens if you wait more than 60 seconds before you hit Publish. That might be a clue that your network people can recognize. Also, as it is a POST, the proxy should not bother with it, just let it through.

Mar 12, 2014 21:47
Vote:

Hm, odd problem. Feels a bit like you're hitting some kind of timeout. Try lowering the autoSaveInterval (see Paul's post) and see if it keeps things alive for you, might be a way around the problem until you can determine the source of it.

// Mathias

Mar 14, 2014 13:33
Vote:

Its a known issue in 6R2 and we do have a hotfix for it. Contact developer support for the hotfix. 

Bug #81756: Error when creating new page when webservers are behind a proxyserver

Mar 14, 2014 14:26
Vote:

Mathias, will try it.. thanks
Evest, the network people were not very helpful here but im still waiting some replys from them

Shahis, sorry but fix from Episerver didn´t fixed this problem... se  ticket DI-122620.. 

//Pawel

Mar 14, 2014 14:34
Vote:

Strange. Have you made sure that the hotfix was installed in the GAC and got the EPiServer.UI.dll file version as 6.1.379.350.

Mar 14, 2014 14:54
Vote:

yes, i even had one of your colleagues watching me do it :)

Mar 14, 2014 14:58
Vote:

If you use Chrome and look in the Network-tab of the developertool when you save and publish, do you see any url's thats not valid there?

Mar 25, 2014 8:37
Vote:

well, i did try Mathias solution and it actually keeps the session alive..

When looked at the headers in fiddler the response when i tried to save/publish was the same as when creating "new page", weird..  and i still dont understand why this is happening.. When i turn the autosave off the problem is still there but this i ok solution for now...

Mar 25, 2014 9:02
Vote:

You dont, by any chance, have a section in your web.config looking something like this:

<system.webServer>
<caching>
<profiles>
<add extension=".gif" policy="DontCache" kernelCachePolicy="CacheUntilChange" duration="0.00:01:00" location="Any" />
<add extension=".png" policy="DontCache" kernelCachePolicy="CacheUntilChange" duration="0.00:01:00" location="Any" />
<add extension=".js" policy="DontCache" kernelCachePolicy="CacheUntilChange" duration="0.00:01:00" location="Any" />
<add extension=".css" policy="DontCache" kernelCachePolicy="CacheUntilChange" duration="0.00:01:00" location="Any" />
<add extension=".jpg" policy="DontCache" kernelCachePolicy="CacheUntilChange" duration="0.00:01:00" location="Any" />
<add extension=".jpeg" policy="DontCache" kernelCachePolicy="CacheUntilChange" duration="0.00:01:00" location="Any" />
<add extension=".aspx" varyByQueryString="*" policy="CacheForTimePeriod" duration="0.00:01:00" location="Any" />
</profiles>
</caching>
</system.webServer>

We experienced the exact same thing as you are. Removing the caching-section fixed it.

Mar 27, 2014 16:39
Vote:

Hi Magnus, 

I will check that and come back if that solved the problem.

thanks for reply!

Apr 03, 2014 9:58
Vote:

Magnus, i tried your solution but it didn´t helped.. i removed the whole section but the problem was still there. Maybe i should do something more?

The Auto save helps for now but we have some other problems with that.. we are recieving this message when publishing new pages:
{"saved":true,"pageLink":"14379_87056"}

the pages are getting published but we get the abore message first.. just whitescreen and that message

Apr 08, 2014 16:40
Vote:

Hi,

Sorry for jumping on the bandwagon a bit late, but I just can't help but to be curious.  The comments so far seem to strongly indicate that the proxy is at fault in this case, but why?  What does it (not?) do?

Can you share the fiddler .saz-file with me? I'd like to have a look myself.  Perhaps also the weblogs for the server during the period the fiddler trace was acquired, if they are available...

Mail me at firstname.lastname@episerver.com (do the replacement).  Thank you!

Jun 12, 2014 0:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.