Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access to the path 'D:\Kishore\EPiServer\Sites\MyProject\EPiServerFramework.config' is denied.

Vote:

Hi

I just created one website and after the website has been created I'm getting the Error as :

Access to the path 'D:\Kishore\EPiServer\Sites\MyProject\EPiServerFramework.config' is denied.

I tried to provide the R&W access to application pool using the following command:

icacls D:\Kishore\EPiServer\Sites\MyProject\ /grant:r "IIS APPPOOL\MyProjectAppPool":(OI)(CI)(RX)

and, can see that the application pool was given with the read and execute access.

When I refresh my website, I'm still getting the error as access denied to EPiServerFramework.config file.

Any suggestions please...

Jul 24, 2014 17:00
Vote:

Kishore,

The EPiServerFramework.config needs change access as well. EPiServer.config, web.config and EPiServerFramework.config all need this.

/T

Jul 24, 2014 22:40
Vote:

Also check if the file is read only or not. For example when working with TFS, the file is marked as read only to ensure that they're not changed without your TFS client (Visual Studio in most cases) being aware of it.

Jul 27, 2014 12:14
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.