Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver 5 Questions????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!

Vote:

Documentation on this site is lacking very much.. Question: 1 Where is the download for Episerver Manager 5.0? Is there one? Question: 2 Is there documentation on setting by Episerver 5 with IIS and a SQL 2005 DB instead of express? As I can't get it to work. When trying to get the site working with IIS instead of Cassini the I got an error saying aspnet worker process needs permissions to access "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\.." Why is this required? After giving the NETWORK SERVICE account permission the site rendered, but upon trying to login (using Forms Authentication) I got the error message saying the NETWORK SERVICE account doesn't have access to the default database. Why??? I am using Forms Authentication and I have created a role and user and it is not trying to use those credentials.. Question: 3 What causes the right click admin option to stop working and is there a work around? I tried requesting a new license.config and replacing an existing one in a project and it didn't work. But when trying to use a the newly requested license.config in a new site it does work.. What gives????? All of these questions are show stopping our development and putting me off the product.. what gives with asp.net cmsssss...???
Oct 26, 2007 0:44
Vote:

Question: 1 http://download.episerver.com/clickoncemanager/ Question: 2 If you use the EPiServer manager to create the web site you can choose any SQL 2005 server. If you already created a web site from Visual Studio you will have to attach the EPiServerDB file to your SQL server and change your connection string to for example: Ensure that Mixed authentication is enabled. Check in SQL Server Configuration Manager that all protocols except VIA are enabled. Question: 3 What do you mean by "Stopped working"? If you mean that the menu isn't showing up at all, then the corresponding page template might inherit SimplePage and not TemplatePage or you are not logged in as an editor/administrator. What error message do you get when changing the license file? /René
Oct 26, 2007 10:16
Vote:

Relating to Question 3: I no longer have the edit and admin options when right clicking. There is also no error messages. What are the rules around the license.config. It shouldn't expire, what would cause it not to work? Is a licence.config bound to a solution somehow?????
Oct 29, 2007 20:38
Vote:

You said: you may not be logged in as an editor/administrator. How can I add the WebAdmin Role as an editor/administrator if I no longer have the right click option??
Oct 29, 2007 21:05
Vote:

You could manually go to admin by adding "ui/admin" to your url. Fex: http://localhost/ui/admin The "ui" could of course be changed to something else during installation, but you get the idea.
Oct 30, 2007 21:12
Vote:

Thanks alot, I have sorted it now.
Oct 31, 2007 0:34
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.