Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblWindowsRelations'.

Vote:

Server Error in '/EPi5Test' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblWindowsRelations'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tblWindowsRelations'. The statement has been terminated. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblWindowsRelations'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tblWindowsRelations'. The statement has been terminated. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [SqlException (0x80131904): Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblWindowsRelations'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tblWindowsRelations'. The statement has been terminated.] System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatusErrors(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount) +481 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatus(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount) +41 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows, DataTableMapping tableMapping) +2028 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdateFromDataTable(DataTable dataTable, DataTableMapping tableMapping) +41 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataTable dataTable) +165 EPiServer.DataAccess.WindowsProviderDB.SynchronizeGroups(String userName, String[] groups) +1018 EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) +795 EPiServer.Security.MultiplexingMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) +61 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e) +131 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +106 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +82 System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +86 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +155 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4922 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.312; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.312
Apr 13, 2007 8:55
Vote:

Caused when trying to use a domain username, even though it is has Admin right on the local computer.
Apr 13, 2007 9:07
Vote:

Try instead to add a user in the User Repository used by SqlMembershipProvider and log in using that user. You can do this in the ASP.NET Configuration section (in Visual Studio choose "Project"->"ASP.NET Configuration section". Add a group called WebAdmins and a group called WebEditors. Finally add a new user and attach it to the "WebAdmins" and "WebEditors" groups. Hopefully you will now be able to log in to EPiServer through the new user.
Apr 13, 2007 11:14
Vote:

You will be able to log in as a WebAdmin och WebEdtitor but not as an Administrator. If you want to log in as an administrator, how do you do it then? (I solved it though, I created a new Administrator role and assigned the user to it too, but that shouldn't be a preferred way to do it?)
Apr 20, 2007 12:07
Vote:

I suspect this behaviour is due to the fact that this it is an pre release you run. I recommend you to try this again in the first RC and report it back if it still exists in that version.
Apr 21, 2007 10:07
Vote:

I just installed RC1 on Windows XP and SQL Server 2005 Express and got the same error. Otto Giesenfeld
May 02, 2007 16:25
Vote:

Since I was installing on a machine without Visual Studio, I took a slightly more brutal approach and removed the private-key index from tblWindowsRelations. It resulted in a few duplicate lines in that table, but I could log in using my windows account. I thought I would be able to create a "local" user with the normal admin interface, but for some reason, all fields were grayed out in Admin --> Create User! Anyway, for the purpose of playing around with EPiServer CMS, I can continue using the Windows account. Leaving the table without a private key does not seem to cause any trouble. I get exactly two items for exactly two groups (probably because of something in our AD setup for those two groups). Thus, surprisingly, no uncontrolled growth of the table. I tried adding the private key back after successfully logging in, but then I could not log back in after logging out. Otto Giesenfeld
May 02, 2007 17:29
Vote:

Im having the same problem in Release version 5.1.522.4 see this post for more details : http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Developer-Forum2/EPiServer-Developer-Forums-/EPiServer-CMS-version-5/14280/
Dec 14, 2007 16:52
Vote:

Hello, I have the same problem. Episerver 5 SP1 (version 5.1.422.122) and WindowsMembershipProvider and WindowsRoleProvider are used for authentication. For some AD accounts it works without any problem and for some AD accounts it shows above exception after login on login form page. Is there any news related to this problem? Maybe someone solved it in the meanwhile? Best Regards Vlada
Feb 25, 2008 16:39
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.