Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.Configuration.Settings.Instance RootDir and StartPageID properties in API doc, but not code?

Vote:

Hi all, I'm currently porting some code to EPiServer CMS but am having trouble migrating away from using EPiServer.Global.EPConfig to EPiServer.Configuration.Settings.Instance. I had a search through http://www.episerver.com/en/Start_page/NewsEvents/EPiServer-TechNews/EPiServer_TechNews/EPiServer-TechNews-March-2007/Top-10-EpiServer-CMS-2/ and http://www.episerver.com/en/EPiServer_Knowledge_Center/Documentation/Release-Notes-CMS-Beta/Breaking-Changes/ Which briefly mention that configuration has moved, but no real detail on where things have gone. According to the API documentation (EPiServer CMS SDK Documentation CHM file) there should be a property on there called RootDir and another StartPageID (to replace StartPage.ID I assume), but it isn't there (EPiServer.Configuration.DLL v.5.1.281.0). I also had some code lifted from somewhere for editing the configuration file, but the ConfigFile has gone too (less important for me really). Can anyone shed some light on these properties or documentation as to where they've gone too please? Cheers, Andy
May 16, 2007 17:45
Vote:

Hi Andy! We have made quite a lot of changes to the properties of the Settings class, and obviously the SDK-version you have has not reflected the changes. Most of the work have been centered around storing values with appropriate types and renaming properties to create logical groupings. The HostUrl and RootDir properties, both of which were strings, have been combined into the SiteUrl property which is of type Uri. Similarly, the UIDir and UtilDir string properties have been replaced with complete Uris: UIUrl and UtilUrl. StartPageId has been renamed to PageStartId so that we can can use the Page-prefix for grpuping similar settings, like PageRootId and PageWastebasketId.
May 21, 2007 14:56
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.