Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem installing RC3

Vote:

I'm trying to install RC3 but during the installation I always get the error message "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)" The server does allow remote connection and the database and the user I specify are created. If I try to create the database and user manually before the installaion I get an error message telling me "Error Locating Server/Instace Specified" when I'm trying to leave the page "Database setup/creation" in the manager, but the manager finds both the database and the user so I can select them.
Jul 10, 2007 13:51
Vote:

Hi, Please ensure that you have enabled TCP/IP and Named Pipes Protocols and SQL Browser service is running and then restart the SQL Server before installing EPiServer website. Hopefully, this should solve the problem. If the problem persists please let us know. Please do mention the edition of SQL Server 2005(EXPRESS edition or Standard edition). Regards, LN
Jul 10, 2007 15:59
Vote:

Thank you for the reply. The SQL Browser service was disabled.
Jul 12, 2007 8:19
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.