Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

RC3 - Where are the Production templates?

Vote:

Hi, In RC3(VPC image) , I cannot find the production templates. There only seems to be the demo package? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance Mike
Jul 25, 2007 11:26
Vote:

Hi Mike, There are no production templates. When you create a new EPiServer site, you get no templates at all. On the other hand, if you install a new site via the Manager, the last step will be to install the sample site, which does not include all the templates that we provide now with the 4.61 release. Regards
Jul 25, 2007 16:07
Vote:

Tiberiu, Actually, this is what I meant. Is there an updated version of the templates that come with the 4.61 release? The templates that are installed are quite basic? Thanks in advance Mike
Jul 26, 2007 10:36
Vote:

Hi Mike, Unfortunately, there are no templates yet. We are working on them, though. Regards
Jul 27, 2007 14:08
Vote:

Hi Mike! To clarify things a bit: 1. We have never released production templates for EPiServer in EPiServer 4. However, we had the sample templates that were installed by default that were often used by developers as production templates although they were originally intended as sample code... 2. In EPiServer CMS 5 we will have a smaller template package that are written with the intention to be production templates. These are written to be easy to understand and they have full support etc. We will also release a extended sample template package that will include some of the template features that were included in the EPiServer 4 sample templates. How and where this sample package will be release and to which extent we will support these is not entirely decided yet but information about this will for sure be published in the coming month or so.
Aug 16, 2007 13:29
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.