Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS RC4 and Word files

Vote:

I have an issue where Word files and pdfs are not accessible when linked in via the editor. The files are located in the PageFiles folder. It seems that the Response is encoded as text/html. It works fine in Firefox because you are able to choose the application from which the link should be opened. In IE the result is a scrambled text output instead. The site has not been updated but is a clean RC4 install. The problem occurs as well in files containing swedish characters and spaces as in files with ascii names and without spaces. Is this a bug in RC4 or am I missing any settings? /René
Sep 11, 2007 13:10
Vote:

Have you verified that the content type is text/html? This can be done with Fiddler [http://www.fiddlertool.com/] Is this problem isolated to the PageFiles folder or does the same problem occur in other folders (Global and Documents) as well?
Sep 12, 2007 10:28
Vote:

The problem occurs in Documents as well. I have checked with Fiddler and the Content-Type is actually empty. /René
Sep 12, 2007 16:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.