Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Editor not working in viewmode

Vote:

Hi. I'm using example from the SDK to put an editable editor on the page (so it can be edited by a user not in editmode) The editor starts to load but then generates a javascript? error stating: Line:1439 Char:2 Error: 'EPi.Dialog' is null or not an object Code: 0 URL: Http://urltopage
Sep 21, 2007 9:22
Vote:

Hi Joakim! I would guess that one or two of the javascripts that handle the dialogs have not been loaded. This is probably due to the logged in user not having acceess to the ui-folder. As the editor is somewhat bound to the edit/admin user interfaces it requires some files to be accessible to use all functionallity. I do not have a list of these files at the moment but it's probably the /ui/javascript/system.js file and the files in the folder /ui/editor/dialogs/. Regards Linus Ekström ps. These should be a section in the sdk describing functionality that is affected if you remove or do not have access to the ui folder. ds.
Sep 21, 2007 18:34
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.