Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error after logging in with WindowsMembershipProvider / WindowsRoleProvider

Vote:

Hello, I'm using EPiServer CMS 5.1.422.4 When I try to log in after installing EPiServer with my Windows account using the WindowsMembershipProvider / WindowsRoleProvider I get an exception. I'm trying to use \ as my login. This is no problem on my local development environment because I can open Visual Studio and use ASP.Net Web Application Administration to change to SqlServerMembershipProvider / SqlServerRoleProvider and create a new user. But on the preprod server I don't have Visual Studio installed. Server Error in '/EPiServerSample2' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblWindowsRelations'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tblWindowsRelations'. The statement has been terminated. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblWindowsRelations'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tblWindowsRelations'. The statement has been terminated. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [SqlException (0x80131904): Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tblWindowsRelations'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tblWindowsRelations'. The statement has been terminated.] System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatusErrors(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount) +1384340 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdatedRowStatus(RowUpdatedEventArgs rowUpdatedEvent, BatchCommandInfo[] batchCommands, Int32 commandCount) +41 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows, DataTableMapping tableMapping) +2032 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdateFromDataTable(DataTable dataTable, DataTableMapping tableMapping) +40 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataTable dataTable) +169 EPiServer.DataAccess.WindowsProviderDB.SynchronizeGroups(String userName, String[] groups) +982 EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) +523 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e) +160 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +105 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +99 System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832
Sep 24, 2007 10:15
Vote:

You don't need the ASP.NET tool to chenge your settings. You can edit web.config "by hand". Just copy your settings for roleManager and membership to the preprod machine. Regards,
Sep 24, 2007 11:55
Vote:

But how do I create a new "epiadmin" user? I could detach/attach the database, but is there an easier way?
Sep 24, 2007 14:50
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.