This is a known bug that is resolved in EPiServer CMS 5 R2 SP1.
The workaround before the fix is available is:
1. Set attribute ShowInFileManager=true attibute for pageFolder VPP in VPP configuration in web.config
2. Open up the FileManager in edit mode
3. Click on the set access right button for the root folder of the page folder VPP (typically "Page Files"). You can navigate to the folder through the breadcrumb in the file manager.
4. Add those users/groups that should have access to create folders to the list and add Read,Create and Edit rights.
5. Set attribute ShowInFileManager=false attibute for pageFolder VPP in VPP configuration in web.config
I'm having this issue, but I'm on CMS 5 R2 SP2, I did as outlined by Johan but no luck.
I also have another VPP that is not pagefiles that failed on access rights, but after giving the propper access right to the root of the vpp in the filemanager it works. It's just that it does not work for that pagefiles.
Anyone any ideas?
I am testing mirroring. EPiServer CMS 5 R2.
I publish a new page, with a file under pagefiles, on my source. When I run the mirroring job I get an exception:
You are not authorized to create directories under /PageFiles/
If I go to my destination site and creates the "PageFiles" directory on the new page and then run the job again it works fine.
I havent found anywhere where I can set this permission. As I understood it the "PageFiles" directory has the same permissions as the page.
Is this a bug?