Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem allowing Editor log in

Vote:

I have problems allowing editors on a site. We have AD authentication, all editors are in a specific AD group. I have tried adding the group to But the editors are not allowed in. Have tried to create a local WebEditors group on the server and add the AD group to that. It does not work. What am I missing? The users that are assigned to Administrators on the server can access the editor pages.
Feb 27, 2008 9:01
Vote:

Do your editors get an error message, or what happens? Forms or windows authentication?
Feb 28, 2008 7:38
Vote:

I checked my own web.config file, and you're missing the section in your section. The section below is from my working site with users logging on with their windows username/password. (forms)
Feb 28, 2008 7:43
Vote:

Not that the pages section should make any difference, just a copy of a working copy....
Feb 28, 2008 9:37
Vote:

We have windows authentication. I get an log in pop up, but when I enter a user that is in the domain group specified for editor authorisation nothing happens, as if you enter unauthorised credentials. I have the section in the config file. Had just removed it, because it should not affect the authorisation.
Mar 06, 2008 10:40
Vote:

Did you find the solution to this problem? I am having kind of the same problem in my customers solution. Some editors get to log in, while others don't.

Mar 19, 2010 9:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.