Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

System Settings Plugin

Vote:

I've asked once before and never received a reply. Heopfull this time someone is listening :) How do I create a system settings plugin in 5.1? There is zero documentation that I can find - which is a big frustration. In 4.6 this was very simple but the same method does not work in 5.1. Thanks
Feb 05, 2008 2:29
Vote:

If you look at the SDK Documentation on http://sdk.episerver.com/library/cms5/, there is an "How to Create a GUI Plugin" under How to in the Developers Guide. Creating a plugin in CMS 5 does not differ that much from verion 4, the code will look similar to this: [GuiPlugIn(DisplayName = "Name displayed", Description = "The mouseover text", Area = PlugInArea.AdminMenu, Url = "~/Plugins/Admin/MyPlugin.aspx", LanguagePath = "")] public partial class MyPlugin: EPiServer.TemplatePage { }
Feb 05, 2008 12:10
Vote:

I'm only trying to do a SystemSettings plugin. In 4 I could have controls on the page with ID's that matched appSettings key's. eg: would automatically save to the appSettings: This doesn't work in 5.1 becuase - I guess - the configuration is now saved in applicationSettings and is strongly typed. There is no apparent way of saving settings other than having my own save button on the form. I would have thought a save event would be fired that I could trap or there is an interface to implement. Thanks
Feb 12, 2008 23:43
Vote:

I have reported this as a bug, it seems the automatic save feature has been lost on the way from v4 to v5. Having your own Save button defies the concept of the plugin - which will handle read-only / security checks on the web.config file. /Steve
Feb 18, 2008 12:02
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.