Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic properties problem

Vote:

Just been migrating a site from 4.62 to CMS5SP1. I have set values to some dynamic properties on the start page, but when I want to go back and edit them, all values are empty. I can still access the values with my own code.. Is this a known problem?
Mar 11, 2008 11:52
Vote:

Hi Erik! I know that there was a bug in the change language plugins which set common language dynamic properties on the wrong language branch. This resulted in the properties working but not loading correctly in the ui. If you run the following sql you should have all properties on the language branch "1": SELECT tblPageDefinition.pkID, fkPageDefinitionTypeID, tblProperty.fkLanguageBranchID FROM tblPageDefinition INNER JOIN tblProperty ON tblProperty.fkPageDefinitionID = tblPageDefinition.pkID WHERE fkPageTypeID IS NULL AND LanguageSpecific = 0 If this is the case you should be able to solve this by running the following sql script: UPDATE tblProperty SET fkLanguageBranchID = 1 FROM tblPageDefinition INNER JOIN tblProperty ON tblProperty.fkPageDefinitionID = tblPageDefinition.pkID WHERE fkPageTypeID IS NULL AND LanguageSpecific = 0 I hope that this will solve your problem. Be sure to take a backup of your database before running any scripts directly against it. Regards Linus Ekström EPiServer Development Team
Mar 14, 2008 17:53
Vote:

Thank you very much! Works perfectly now :)
Mar 17, 2008 14:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.