Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Item level permission

Vote:

I need to implement Item level permission to Episerver content/controls on a page. Please send me some pointers to acheive this.

1. I need to set/get the permissions programmatically

2. I need to store permissions for items/user controls

Apr 28, 2008 9:22
Vote:

Hi Natarajan!

As EPiServer security is on a "per-page"-level only, there really is no standard way to enforce accesscontrol on individual properties but to implement it within the properties themselves. This means that you would have to write your own propertycontrols and then perform the necessary accesscontrols within each control.

You would also have to invent some store for the ACL's and also provide the admintools needed to administer those ACL's (if needed).

There is one alternative however which might be , and that would be to use the Tabs feature which allows you to group properties together on a specific Tab and then set the needed access permission to view the Tab when in Edit mode. Note however that the list of availabe access permissions is fixed and are not extendable.

To programmatically get/set page-permissions you would go through the PageData.ACL property.

Regards,
Johan

Apr 28, 2008 11:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.