Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver pages/sec

Vote:

Hi,

I've been trying to find out how many pages/sec Episerver can serv.

I know there are a lot of variables so I'll try to define some parameters. Let ignore bandwidth.

1. Server - standard (Dual Core AMD Opteron 1212) processor, 4GB memory

2. The site will be content only. The dynamic features would be mainly the menu.

I just need a vague idea. Has anyone had experience with heavy load sites using Episerver?

Thanks,
Martin

May 23, 2008 16:32
Vote:

Hi Martin,
I have been doing some testes on EPiServer 5 on the following setup:

Server: quad core Intel Xeon E5335 with 4 GB of ram.
Single server setup: (So site and database on the same server)

1000 pages in a EPiServer cms 5 SP2
Pages pr. second with 1000 concurrent users:
Without caching: 364
With caching: 883

10.000 pages in a EPiServer cms 5 SP2
Without caching:254
With caching:430

100.000 pages in a EPiServer cms 5 SP2
Without caching:184
With caching:515

Note that adding a server so that the database is taken away from the system will give you better performance and if you really need the power adding a load balanced set of frontends will kick it up a nudge as well..

As you mentioned this stuff is difficult to measure because no site is the same, no images the same size and no network configures 100% the same and so on...

So I guess what I'm saying is that no matter what, make sure that the site is developed with performance in mind, the structure of the site is important (deep is better than wide!) and giving the system more hardware will improve performance!

I hope this answers your question..?

/Knudsen
EPiServer Denmark

Jun 04, 2008 9:58
Vote:

Hi Martin,

Should you need more performance tips I would recomend reading/watching Steve Celius Developer summit presentation.

/Petter

Jun 04, 2008 10:26
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.