Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Subscription job does not detect changed pages

Vote:

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to EPi CMS 5 and now subscriptions does not seem to work.

I have one subscription page where EPSUBSCRIBE-ROOT is set to the start page. I have a number of pages where EPSUBSCRIBE is set to true. When I go to my subscription page I am able to subscribe to those pages. The subscription job is running (every 30 min). BUT it always says "0 subscription e-mails were sent". It does not matter how many pages I add or update, it never deteccts them.

Sending mail is working fine. Any suggestions? Can I get some info by looking in the database? Where?

Thanks in advance!

Jul 25, 2008 13:52
Vote:

Just to be sure: Did you remember to check the "Mark page as changed" box?

Jul 25, 2008 14:39
Vote:

Thanks for your comment!

I think I have tried all different combinations: Add new page, change existing page, change existing page and mark it as changed, change root page and mark it as changed...

The result is always the same, "0 subscription e-mails were sent". It feels like I am missing something obvious here...

Jul 25, 2008 14:57
Vote:

What interval do the user that is subsribing to the pages has? Try setting it to "as soon as possible".

Regarding the database, the subscription info is stored in the table aspnet_Profile. Check under PropertyValuesString for each users subscription info.

Jul 28, 2008 11:54
Vote:

Ok - problem solved. In my SubscriptionList I had no Language attribute. I did not know this was necessary. Adding this to the SubscriptionList on the SubscriptionPage.aspx...

<EPiServer:SubscriptionList ID="SubscriptionList" Language="<%# CurrentPage.LanguageID %>" runat="server" />

...makes all NEW subscriptions work. New subscribers will now get language information in the aspnet_Profile table. The subscription handler detects new/changed pages in the given language and subscription mails are sent. At last.

I did not know that subscriptions were language sensitive. Is it possible to turn off this feature?

Aug 05, 2008 11:38
Vote:

I have a similar problem with 4.62B

All new pages under a subscription page (EPSUBSCRIBE = TRUE) is sent, but no changed pages under that page is detected.

The strange thing is that if I "mark page as changed" on the subscription page it gets sent.

I find this very strange what is causing this?

Edited, Sep 11, 2008 16:52
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.