Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with simple webaddress

Vote:

Hi.

I have a Episerver CMS5 r2 site with globalization enablet.
Have mapped Different Domains to different languages in web.config and this works fine.

My problem is that when i Enter the same simple webaddress on the same node but for different languages it alwas reverts to the masterlanguage branch.

I have
site.com/simple
site.se/simple

When i enter site.com/simple everything works fine
with site.se/simple it chooses the .com page and not the se page.

br
Håkon

Dec 17, 2009 13:57
Vote:

Hi Håkon,

What does your siteHosts element look like in web.config?  You will need to have an explicit entry for each known domain name.  For example...

<siteHosts>
   <add name="www.cmsdemo1.com" language="en-US"/>
   <add name="www.cmsdemo1.mx" language="es-MX" />
   <add name="*" />
</siteHosts>

I was able to get it to work for http://www.cmsdemo1.com/test and http://www.cmsdemo1.mx/test with the above configuration, but when I removed "<add name="www.cmsdemo1.com" language="en-US"/>", I ran into the same problem you had except it always displayed the es-MX variation.

Regards,
Joe

Dec 17, 2009 18:08
Vote:

Hi Joe.

from web.config

<siteHosts>
     <add name="www.site.se" language="sv" />
     <add name="www.site.fi" language="fi" />
     <add name="www.site.dk" language="dk" />
     <add name="www.site.no" language="no" />
     <add name="www.site.com" language="en" />
     <add name="*" />
</siteHosts>

it seems that it always chooses the language i first entered the simple webaddress, and not always the masterLanguage branch.

/br

Håkon

Dec 21, 2009 9:30
Vote:

As far as I understand the code the simple web address should be unique for both Page Id and Language.

You can not have the same simple web address for two pages or language branches.

The stored procedure netQuickSearchByExternalUrl returns a list but if you look at the code in EPiServer.DataAccess.PageQuickSearchDB.SimpleAddressToInternal() it is only intended to be used in an enterprise scenario with multiple start pages. It is hard coded to only use the first result containing Page Id and Langauge.

Dec 21, 2009 10:26
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.