Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can't get Dynamic Content (RSS reader) working on an upgraded site

Vote:

Hi,

I've just updated an EPiServer 5 SP1 site to EPiServer 5 R2 SP2. Everything works fine.

I then followed these instructions to set up a RSS reader with Dynamic Content:

http://world.episerver.com/en/Articles/Items/How-dynamic-content-can-be-used-to-create-a-more-flexible-web-site/

Compiling works fine but as soon as I run the application and enter the website:

The Dynamic Content control type RSS Feed could not be loaded. Check the <dynamicContent> section in web.config.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The Dynamic Content control type RSS Feed could not be loaded. Check the <dynamicContent> section in web.config.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ConfigurationErrorsException: The Dynamic Content control type RSS Feed could not be loaded. Check the <dynamicContent> section in web.config.]
EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.InitializeDynamicContent(DynamicContentElement dynamicContentElement) +339
EPiServer.Web.<>c__DisplayClass32.<Initialize>b__1a() +47
EPiServer.Web.InitializeEngine.Initialize() +345
EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.Initialize(EPiServerSection config, Settings settings, ConnectionStringSettingsCollection connectionStringSettings) +2905
EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.Initialize(EPiServerSection config, Settings settings) +60
EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.<StaticInitialization>b__2() +47
EPiServer.Web.InitializeEngine.Initialize() +345
EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.StaticInitialization() +1485
EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +537
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

I've added this to web.config:

<add description="Displays a list of items from an external RSS source" name="RSS Feed" type="DynamicContentExample.RSSFeed, EPiServer.Templates.Public"/>

The interesting thing is that when I did this with the example site that is installed with EPiServer it works perfect. No problems at all.

Can anybody help me find a solution on this? Am I referencing something wrong? All DLL references are updated, etc.

Cheers,

Sami

Jul 06, 2009 18:17
Vote:

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum... Just saw now I should have posted this in the R2 SP2 thread.
Jul 06, 2009 18:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.