Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

New project with CMS 5 R1

Vote:

Hi!

We are going to add some new functionality to an existing episerver-solution for a customer where we are not responsible for the solution itself. They are running cms 5 sp2 and an upgrade to r2 is not an option at this point.

To create the local developement environment we are trying to create a new episerver project in vs 2005, add it to TFS, and then all developers can share and develop against the same code. But, this is where the problems start. Differing from the newest versions of EPiServer, the UI and UTIL directories are not part of the episerver installation, and they are added to the project folder when we create a project in vs2005. This is not a problem for the machine where the project was first created, but everyone else who fetches the project from TFS get problems as these directories does not exist. We have tried to just copy the non-existing directories with no luck, when we run the solution we get all kinds of troubles with assemblies and whatnot.

The question is this: how do you successfully share an episerver project amongst several developers when you are stuck with the older version of EPiServer?

Mar 04, 2010 15:16
Vote:

In the past - I've done exactly what you've tried - which is adding the UI/Util directory into source control and have them live as part of the solution. I remember it was more troublesome to initially set up but it certainly worked. What sort of troubles were you getting when you tried?

Mar 16, 2010 13:46
Vote:

Check my blog post which is exactly about this. :)

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Magnus-von-Wachenfeldt/Dates/2010/2/Setting-up-a-Maintainable-EPiServer-Site--Part-1/

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Magnus-von-Wachenfeldt/Dates/2010/2/Setting-up-a-Maintainable-EPiServer-Site--Part-1
Mar 31, 2010 10:08
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.