Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Blogging, Workflows & Blog ratings

Vote:

Hello All,

I would now like to be able to add blogging functionality to the website. I would also like to anyone to visit the website and post a blog entry in the form of plain text, pictures or videos. This entry would have to undergo a workflow involving a filtering and approval process following which a designated "Content Editor" would then review the post and approve it for publishing to the blog section of the website. Other visitors to this blog can then read the blogs and rate them.

Now! I see blog posts as content supplied by visitors and ideally my cms should be able to manage this. I am using Episerver CMS 5 SP2 and the product brochure says that it has blogging & workflow capabilities.

Would someone be kind enough to point me out to links that would give me more details on the Episerver blogging & workflow features?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 24, 2011 9:44
Vote:

Ideally you'd use EPiServer Community for this, since EPiServer CMS blogging functionality is very basic. EPiServer CMS has some basic blogging functionality in the demo templates that you can download from the download section.

Hops this helps.

Frederik

Jan 24, 2011 11:42
Vote:

EPiServer comes with 4 out of the box workflows - which will fit your requirements for having a content editor review all blog posts prior to publishing. See this post for more info http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Joe-Bianco/Dates/2009/10/Enabling-the-EPiServer-CMS-Workflows/

Jan 24, 2011 13:54
Vote:

Hi again,

Ok! Now this is really confusing. How does this work? Is Episerver Community now known as Episerver Relate+ or is it that Episerver Community is a composition of several tools one of which is Episerver Relate+?

Also! Is there any link that details out the functionalities of Episerver Community or Relate+ specifically related to blogging?

Jan 27, 2011 13:54
Vote:

Other way around :). Relate+ consists of EPiServer Community and relate+ templates. You can see the blogging functionality here: http://relate.episerver.com/en/Blog/.

Frederik

Jan 27, 2011 14:06
Vote:

Hi Frederik,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I've been to that site and even posted a blog entry trying to experiment with it. It does serve as a good demo site, however I'm actually trying to find some sort of documentation maybe a detailed factsheet or something like a User Manual or something.

Noel

Jan 27, 2011 14:12
Vote:

Hi Folks -- Has this issue been resolved? I too am interested in Blog capabilities as alluded to during our Demo call a few months ago. I thought it would have clear, accessible documentation associated with it rather than the "truffle picking" I seem to be doing now.

Jul 11, 2016 23:59
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.