Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Language Recourses in Community

Vote:

I'm faced with the problem of moving strings that are in the solution to some resource file that does not compile, like the solution Episerver CMS has. Is this available to Episerver Community (or when will it)? Or do I need to develop a methodology for this? Anybody know of some existing solution I can use if Episerver does not support this?

Thanks for any input!

</marius>

Mar 05, 2009 15:58
Vote:

EPiServer Community has a globalization system which uses the database. The keys and values are configured under System Settings -> Globalization and accessed in code with the EPiServer.Common.Globalization.GlobalizationHandler class. This solution is great as it allows the editors/moderators to change globalized strings on their own. It's not as popular among developers though as it's requires us to leave Visual Studio :) One solution to speed up entering the globalized strings is to first enter them into an excel sheet and then paste them into the database table. This assuming that it's not a live site of course.
Mar 05, 2009 22:15
Vote:

Thanks Joel! That is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll be checking it out right away - and get back to you with more questions along the way ;)
Mar 06, 2009 10:01
Vote:

The GlobalizationHandler class solved my issue. I do see a lot of potential for making the admin interface better, I'll definetly be contacted by users on how they can find a certain string. However, making an extesion to the admin interface could be done relatively easy I think,
Mar 09, 2009 9:43
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.