Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Several users on one blog

Vote:

I need to create a blog where several users can blog, but under their own names.

I have been suggested to create a fake user to hold the blog and add the user to the same group as the writers but this does not seem to solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

May 01, 2009 10:44
Vote:

Claus, could you give a bit more background regarding how the blogs are going to be used? Also, in what way didn't the fake user-solution solve the problem?

One possible solution, without knowing more about your specific scenario, might be to create a blog without an owner and add a attribute to it using the community frameworks attribute system for holding the owners/authors.

Another solution might be to create clubs, as a club has a blog, and then use club membership to keep track of the owners/authors.

Edited, May 01, 2009 12:03
Vote:

The blog is to used by a team to blog on an intranet about one topic but as individuals. Person a writes the first entry, person b the next ect. The blog must be available to the entire intranet for comments, ratings etc, but only the team can create entries.

Reg. the fake user solution I created a group, added several users to the group incl. the fake user and created the blog for the fake user. But being a newbie in Community I am not entirely sure of how to set the rights so the group can post entries to the blog.

May 01, 2009 13:58
Vote:

I see. The problem is how to administrate which users have the rights to post in the blog as there is no interface for doing that in the community frameworks admin mode. There is however built in functionality for administrating access rights for clubs, so I would suggest that you create a club for each blog.

Another solution, which is better as it will enable you to write queries for blogs filtered by authors, is to create a new attribute named "Authors" or simillar for the blog type. That will however require that you build your own interface for administrating which users are authors for a blog.

May 01, 2009 14:52
Vote:

Good idea with clubs, but my problem is that I have to achieve this with configuration and a club does not have a blog page. So this solution will have do wait.

But I think I found another way: To begin with only one small group of persons will be allowed to blog while others can comment, rate etc.

So to achieve the look and feel of one single blog for the bloggers I will restyle the blog front page which already have a list of latest blog entires with images of the blogger etc.

This, for now, will solve the problem.

Thank you for your input, Joel!

May 04, 2009 9:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.